Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I'm A Poet And I Know It!

What did you mean
When you came to me
Only in a dream
The thought of you buzzes like a bee.
I can't make it go away,
Nor do I want to.
I thought of you today.
I feel you.
I know when your with me,
I feel my heart swell and grow warm.
I can't see.
The emotion of your absence is a storm.
I wonder why,
I remember the good, but I remember the bad.
I think of you and sigh,
Every time I feel sad.
Because your not home,
Where I need you.
You were as sweet as a honey comb.
I miss you, I do.
Come wake me up,
From this long and lonely dream.
I just want to jump,
Out of this nightmare it seems.
What did you mean
When you came to me
Only in a dream.


3 comments:

  1. I really like your themes about loss and love. Both emotions are very identifiable and great for writing stories about. I would like to know who the person is in the poem. I cannot tell if it is a close friend or a family. Good work otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was about my Nana that past away last August from cancer I was very incredibly CV lose to her and thank you

    ReplyDelete