Monday, March 4, 2013

"The first seven years" response

I thought it was weird that when Feld was meddling into his daughters love life, is that it seemed like he was arranging a husband for her. I knew the moment Sobel walked out of the shoe shop that he was mad at Feld for asking Max to ask Miriam out on a date. I thought it was insensitive of Feld that he didn't try to understand Sobel and why he liked to read. He just assumed Sobel was queer(weird). This story relates back to "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury, because Feld  didn't understand the point in reading if you didn't have a college degree. Sobels dedication to Miriam, reminds me of a book I read for literature analysis, "Shadow land" by Allison Noel. In the book, the character Damen, waits til Ever, to grow up to  become a teenager before he introduces  himself because he's immortal and in love with her. So when I read the part that Sobel's only reason for working at the shoe store was because he was waiting til Miriam became a woman. I liked the story, it wasn't as boring as I thought it would be. A good moral that came out of this story would be is don't judge a book by its cover. And this moral can go both ways in the story, sentimental and literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment